Sunday, August 19, 2007

Spirit West Coast 2007!

So lets see, since the last time I posted...

Spirit West Coast was a blast! The kids had a great time and Quincy and I really enjoyed some time away. The bands were jammin', and the speakers were moving, and the weather was perfect!

The drive down was just a "bit" cramped...

but we made it fun, & I think we all know every word to the "cyclone" song!

Day one highlights:




Driving to Monterey packed like sardines. Getting domino's pizza in the little Mexico of Monterey. Eating domino's in the parking lot on the back of my trunk. Trying to figure out how we are going to sleep since our tent is on a hill. Sleeping in a pile at the bottom of the tent because our tent is on a hill.


Day two highlights:
See Red perform. Get Red autographs.


Do the funkiest ho-down ever with my cousin Calvin while David Crowder is rockin the banjo. Worship with David Crowder Band.


Quincy, Victoria, Courtney see Hawk Nelson parachute down to their stage (such an awesome rock star entrance!). See Hawk Nelson perform.


Calvin and I get the most awesome spot for Newsboys. Calvin and I trying to hold on to our territory. See Newsboys perform. Sing, worship, dance, get showered by Captain Crunch, enjoy the show!





Day three highlights:
Quincy and Calvin check out: Ever Stays Red, Fireflight, Falling Up, The Dizzmas. Girls recharge back in town with Starbucks caffeine and SUGAR! Watch Calvin get free hugs. Eat funnel cakes.

Watch Thousand Foot Krutch. Calvin and Quincy do some hardcore moshing (they allowed it this year, so they had security make a huge circle and everyone just jumped in, Calv lost a shoe at one point but he said it was so AWESOME!).


Showing off their "rock fist"


Victoria TRIES moshing with the boys to Seventh Day Slumber, but then comes to watch the rest of the show with Court and I.

See the Bob Smiley show. Quincy and Calvin create the snaggle tooth dog.


Day four highlights:
Make our own CYCLONE video. Go to the Monterey fisherman's wharf.

Eat some delish sea food. Hang out at the beach. Calvin braves the freezin water because "... if I don't I know I will regret it as soon as we leave!..." Watch Calvin and Quincy bury each other, and make a new friend.


See TobyMac perform.


Danced. Drank lots of lemonade, yards actually.Watch Switchfoot perform.



Watch Mr. rock star-lead singer smash a guitar on stage! (so awesome!)


Quincy and Courtney snuggle under the most girly blanket ever to try and stay warm. Courtney and I do "aerobics" to stay warm.


Day five...


drive home :-(

2 comments:

Jenna said...

looks like you guys had a blast! wish we could've gone. maybe next year! i'm sure you made lots of great memories for those guys too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie.
These pictures are veryy cute!
I Love Them!
Maybe I could get a cd of them??
Thancks =]]
I Love You and I Had Lots Of Fun!
Bye!
Love -- Sis