Monday, November 24, 2008

tour of europe

last Friday was date night for Quincy and i and it was my turn to choose a prompt from this book so i did this whole tour of Europe. it was so much fun to plan and it was awesome watching it all unfold.
so i made this passport that had a little love note in it and some places "we were going" and a few pictures from our trip to Italy

I took him out to Cirino's on main street which is a super good Mediterranean tapas bar downtown. I told him to order 2 glasses of any wine and any tapas that sounded good to him. Once we were close to done I gave him the passport... he had know idea what was going on but he had the biggest smile which was awesome because I never fool him and this time he really couldn't figure it all out. So after we finished at Cirino's I took him back to our house and he found this:

I had hired my cousin Anna who was a caterer to come in and do a whole meal that was a tour of Europe, my mom had made some arrangements & covered the whole place with candles.

I loved the table arrangements she did! I took her roses, grapes, pomegranates, pears, apples, baguettes, cheeses, fabrics, sheers and just told her to go for it! and it was so beautiful! thanks mom!

The menu, dinner, dessert, & wine was amazing! I also made these menus for the table:


We had such an awesome time and to top it all of we got to spend the night in Paris! I had my super talented SIL Jenna paint this Paris scene on some fabric to fit our window in our bedroom and then just put Christmas lights behind the Eiffel tower.

it was the icing on the cake!

thank you! thank you! thank you! to all the talented ladies that helped make this night so perfect!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

kate it looks amazing! was quincy surprised? it turned out so magical and romantic! glad i could help out! :)