Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reminiscing

This weekend I started working on scrapbooking our trip to Italy, I have always enjoyed scrapbooking but this seems so different. I was reminiscing and reliving our trip, the sites, the art, the cooking lessons, the food and wine, the fresh perspective... all the goodness. I have never been so happy to have been such a detailed journalist! I had wrote down more than just the stats, I had the sounds, the smells, the feelings, everything! And translating all that plus the pictures into some sort of organized visual art was like re-exploring our trip...well almost!
still trying to find the perfect little accent or embellishment or something to jazz up my "winning" page... any ideas?
Again I am really loving this 8.5 x 11 format, it seems to just come together so much faster! And I finally found a subject worthy of all my left-over wedding paper! I have been saving the stash since the wedding for something special... I guess it doesn't get much more special than Italy!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

those look awesome. i'm so jealous. i bet its fun to reminisce. you guys should eat some pasta and have a little vino to celebrate. ;)

Alyssa Marie said...

I agree with Jenna. Vino and some yummy pasta would be fantastic. The pages look great. I'm glad you found a use for the wedding paper. What if you use an Italian coin on the Winning Page? Something fun like that...

Kate said...

OOooooo! Im liking the coin idea! I have a few Euros left and I wasnt sure were I was going to incorporate them...

Alyssa Marie said...

What a perfect use for a euro or two! Post a pic when you are done so I can see it! How's school?