Sunday, June 14, 2009

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

I just realized I never posted about any of the magical happenings from our craftastic-voyage in Santa Cruz! So lets just begin the catch up there!
So my SIL and I went to Santa Cruz for a "creative weekend" and it was

A.MAZ.ING.
Everything about it was perfect, and I mean perfectly what we needed. A mommy break for her
and a thank-goodness-the-semester-is-over-so-i-can-create sesh for me.

We went in a car packed with sewing/painting/scraping/general crafting supplies and had a blast without really even using them! oops.
Our creativity was all funneled into THE BEACH SHOOT.
In all seriousness the beach shoot we did kinda just became the point of the trip. We both are at significant yet difficult places on our life path but we both know its still important to document what life looks like at the moment and we needed to start with pictures to do that. so we took turns in front of the camera (which was so uncomfortable at first! it was hard leaving the safety of being BEHIND the lens!) and at some point
I just let go,
i felt good in my skin,
i felt excited,
i felt relieved,
i felt rejuvenated,
& i felt inspired and peaceful all at the same time.

So often both of us are non-existent in our pictures because we are always behind the camera so As soon as we finished at the beach I KNEW the photo sesh was the reason we came on the trip. Everything about it was fantastic and again so FREE-ING!

{one of my ALL TIME favorites of this beautiful woman!}



The whole shoot is posted here and the captions are still on their way! ;D

In the meantime I have been using the beach pics for springboards in my "about-my-life-right-now-mini-book" and it has been so so so fun! I will post pics of a handful of pages soon.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

oh that was fun. we MUST make it our yearly event. and do a photo shoot each year to document US! luvs.

Anonymous said...

OMG Kate, you are beautiful!!!! You make me smile.

"Auntie" Linda

Ashley said...

You definitely look great in all those photos! It looks like a lot of fun was had, yay!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the pictures. I'm so glad that you two have eachother and you enjoy being together. You can go through the motions of life, but I think God intended for you to "live" life. Congratulations Kate & Jenna! Love, Mom