Saturday, August 29, 2009

Could'nt help myself!

Well its my first week at my new job downtown at the fabric shop and I have already begun buying fabric and making up projects. I don't need any new projects but I just couldn't help myself! These little owls were looking up saying "buy me Kate! buy me!" So last night I started a minor quilt project:



I cut sixty 6" squares and then laid them out like so:


But this was to clean and traditional for my taste so tonight I'm gonna mix them all up so its a more random pattern. I'm also using a lime green corduroy to back this and I was thinking I might use some in the front. who knows?!
O, and I found out zip also loves new sewing projects:


Hes a great quilting-on-the-carpet-buddy! ;D

1 comment:

Jenna said...

atta girl. i once heard someone say every room should have a handmade quilt or blanket. so there's justification #1. i'll keep sendin em your way. ;)