Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the owl quilt is done!

Its official! I finished up Monday and I have been carrying it around the house with me like Linus! Check it out:

{And please excuse our wrinkles! Its fresh out of the wash in these pics!}

owlquilt-1

This was the first time I have ever used my walking foot... actually to be honest I didn't even know I had one! I had a whole box of "accessories" that came with my machine that I put away in a drawer and forgot about until this project. I was looking at different ways to finish pieced blanket tops and most of them recommended machine quilting so I got out my user manual and there it was: instructions on how to quilt with your walking foot. Turns out there was a walking foot and a darning foot(for free motion quilting) in that box! Ha! So with a little practice and this fabulous tutorial I have now successfully finished my first machine quilted project!

owlquilt-2

Now the next challenge is finding a project to test my darning foot and free motion skills! ;D

4 comments:

Jenna said...

it looks great kate! way to go!

Ashley said...

I love it!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's the way to do it Kate. Buy the fabric and use it! Don't end up like your Mom with loads of fabric and good intentions! I know that the store is going to feed the Kreative Kate that we all know and love. I can't wait to see what's next. Mom

Zach and Beth said...

That is super cute! I love the fabric.