Thursday, October 15, 2009

I love Real Simple. Its that simple.

I have subscribed to Real Simple for as long as I have lived on my own and before that my mom had a subscription to the magazine for as long as I can remember.... and I just love the magazine. I love the photographers, the recipes, the brilliant ideas for double uses with household items, the comic authors that spin the best essays on everyday happenings... I just love it.

soup-3 copy


So today I was in a "Real Simple" mood and decided to make their Butternut squash soup and set up a lil' mini shoot in the kitchen. Their recipe was... well... simple so I added some toasted almonds, shaved Parmesan, and a sprinkle of baby sage leaves that I have been growing in my window sill...

soup-6

I would highly recommend the said combination because its was quite tasty (if I do say so myself! ha.). And not only did I have a fabulous lunch but now I also have a new batch of photos to take to class tonight, which is great cause it was getting a little stagnant on the food photo front!


soup-4 copy

3 comments:

Ashley said...

love!!

I'm really into food photography. You are really good!

Kate said...

Well thank you! Comment appreciated.

Anonymous said...

That's great to know that the recipe was tasty. I have a great squash from my CSA veggie box that would work perfect! The photo's are great. Love, Mom