Monday, October 05, 2009

Oktoberfest.

Well, the Oktoberfest dinner party was a "insgesamt erfolg" (total success) ;D We had a great time and the food was delish! I pulled all the recipes from myrecipes.com and although we hadn't made any of them before they all came out pretty tasty!

menu

We had Soft Pretzels for appetizers with a variety of different mustards. Sweet & Sour Braised Cabbage, Hot German Potato Salad, and Beer Cooked Bratwurst for dinner. And Pumpkin Streusel Pie for desert! Now, about the pie, I had to work Saturday so I left all these recipes with Q to prep and the one thing he had to do that morning was make the pie... and when I came home this is what I found:

oktoberfest-3

Seriously impressive! Who knew the guy could bake?! And he even cut out the little fall leaves to make a cute crust witch just totally blew my mind! It tasted just as amazing as it looks so I would highly recommend this recipe!

oktoberfest-4

Like I mentioned before, everyone who came had to bring a beer that started with the same letter as their last name started with. It was really a fun touch to the party! And of course it was fun to try all the brews that everyone brought! ;D And for those of us whose last names that start with "V" it was the ultimate challenge finding a "V" beer!

I didn't get ANY pictures of the whole table scape but at some point I snapped a quick pic of the steins I used for the centerpiece:

oktoberfest-2

I used the German flag colors (red, black, and yellow) to dress the table and I threw my parents steins on a mirror in the center to make it a little more "Oktoberfest-ish". All in all, it was a fun night with great food and great friends! I think we might have to make this one of our reoccurring parties! Herzlich willkommen oktober!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food was amazing and it was fun to have a theme dinner. You forgot to mention the polka music! That was great :) We had fun and we always do at you place. love, Mom