Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where Ive Been & Where I'm Going:

Looking back at the dates of my most "recent" posts and there is no denying I have been a little M.I.A. in this space lately. Honestly this time of the year is always a little "off"(for lack of a better word) and I find myself in a bit of a rut. Every creative being out there slips in and out of them and its all part of the artists' cycle so it comes with no surprise. I have bookmarked a post over on Ali Edwards' blog (about getting out of a creative rut) which I always go back to time and time again. This time as I read it I felt like the following chunk of words was jumping out at me:

"Here are some of my favorite ways to get back in the groove again:

1. DO NOTHING. Yep. Ignore that thing that you normally love all together. If you have a scrapbook room, shut the door and give yourself permission to take a day, a week, a month off. No guilt. No pressure. No worries that you will never feel "it" again. You will. It will come back."

... which basically sums up the last couple of weeks! I think it was the closed door part that really got me because I have avoided my office, studio, and computer like the plague... which has never happened before! And it has thrown me for a loop because I feel guilty for not being in that space.... but like she said: NO GUILT!

So I am officially letting myself off the hook. Q and I are heading out for a camping/fishing trip in about a week and I'm thinking its perfect timing. Just what I need to be:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I'm happy to read your post. I'm wondering if the NO GUILT would also apply to house cleaning and opening mail? :) I love you, Mom