Monday, July 12, 2010

Is it true? If you’re not growing, you’re dying?

I recently came across an article online that had the quote: 'If you're not growing, you're dying' applied to portfolios and artists. Ive heard the quote used in relation to retail, websites, and general business but never about art. Honestly, I was a little taken back at first (having just come out of a creative rut!) but then I realized it was true. Particularly as a photographer.
Its true. And there was no getting around it once I read it.
And maybe its because its summer and I'm not getting loads of class assignments but I'm feeling the need to find a challenge, an assignment, a project ASAP... something to keep growing! So I started searching the wonderfully endless web and found a few projects that I thought were exceptional:








I'm still not entirely sure which ones I will do and at what capacity but for now I'm enjoying the excitement of something new.

No comments: