Friday, August 27, 2010

The Perfect Camera Bag

I have been on a serious search for the perfect camera bag for some time now. I want a bag that will fit my dslr and maybe an extra lens and I would like the bag to be able to double as a purse/tote. I like having my camera with me but I don't always like carrying around a purse plus an ugly camera bag... so, like I said before I have been on a search!

Originally I wanted to just buy one and take the easy way out and as much as I love these, these, these, and these the price tags are steep and there still isn't one that 'has it all'. If I had found one that met ALL my requirements then maybe Id consider finding a way to weasel one into my class 'supply list' ...but no such luck! Each one leaves me wanting just a lil' something thing more.

So, now I have decided its just going to have to be a handmade and custom item. And that's fine. So far I'm liking this bags style:

...this bags zipper and pockets:
...and this bags padding:

I have some brown wool/poly tweed in my stash that I got on sale (hello $10 fabric for only $5!) that came to mind after I saw these awesome bags:



Its a brown and cream tweed so all that's left to do is find some brown leather hardware and strapping and I should be ready to whip this baby up... right? Right! Its only a mix of 2 patterns, one tutorial, and one dream bag. Oh, its always so much easier said(and sketched) than done! Now wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

can't wait to see what you come up with!!! necessity is the mother of invention!

nora chou said...

i've been looking for a camera bag for ages too!! i've got to say, i'm loving the tweed bag. i'm looking forward to seeing your design!

Nora

www.norachou.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great article. I invite you to visit the following post related to this topic
Secret Banderas
Bombones lujo Chocolate
Tarjetas de crédito gratis