Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Bootcamp Book

Its been a LONG time since I did any real "scrapbooking" and its been staring me in the face ever since we set up the new studio/office(tour coming soon). So in an attempt to ease myself back into anything creative with paper I decided to tackle the "Bootcamp Book". While Q was at bootcamp he was only allowed to communicate by snail-mail. So over the course of 8 weeks he accumulated a lot of mail from family and friends and we got a handful of letters from him too. I knew I wanted to keep them since they were so special to both of us but I didn't want them to end up sitting in some shoe box in the back of some closet. That being said, I also knew I wasn't going to create a "traditional scrapbook page" for every single letter. So I came up with something in between:


I organized all the letters into 3 sections and created decorative pages for the dividers:

{Intro page for letters he wrote home}

{Intro page for letters everyone wrote to him}



{and I still need another intro page for the section with my letters to him}

It felt good to have organized, created, and completed something all in one shot and its spurred the urge to get some more pages going again(finally!).

No comments: