Monday, August 15, 2011

New Skirts & Dresses

Yesterday it was pouring rain outside so it felt like the perfect day to dive into some sewing projects. I had found this tutorial through Pinterest and happened to have some plain tanks and fabric that matched so I gave it a go:

The dress came out just fine and and the project was super quick! With a few accessories the outfit looked quite polished:

I originally wanted to make a second dress like the first using the following tank and knit fabric but I decided to just make it a high waisted skirt so that I could change it up as needed:

{plain skirt and tank}

{with belt}

{With long sleeves, belt, and boots for fall}

I also decided to make a simple A-line skirt from a 70s simplicity pattern I have had stashed a way for some time since I was already on a roll I figured I had better take advantage of the crafty momentum ;D

This skirt pattern was super easy and only uses 3 pattern pieces so I have a feeling it will be making several more appearances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, They all look wonderful! I love sewing a pattern that's easy yet classic. Love it! Mom