Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rolled Fabric Flowers

The rolled fabric flower wave isn't anything new and its been all over the crafty blog world for some time but I'm just now joining in and its been so fun and addictive! I started with the scraps from my skirt project earlier this week and used this tutorial to make these:

Once I saw how the sizes looked together I decided I wanted to make a necklace with the flowers and some leftover chain I had from recent jewelry projects. I started by arranging the flowers where I liked them, tracing the general shape, using the tracing as a pattern to cut a piece of felt for the backing:

...attaching the flowers to the felt with hot glue, trimming the felt, and then sewing the chain and clasps to both sides:


I made the chain long enough to wear just over a shirt neckline but obviously the chain & clasp makes it adjustable so I can wear it any length I need. This project was mindless work but enjoyable and easy to finish in a short time. Plus its cleaning out my scrap stash which is an awesome bonus!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super cute. I recently saw something like this in a mail order catalogue. They had seed beads around the outer edges. I like when you add several materials together. Just an idea for you! Mom

glitter&grease said...

Wow! That's really cool! I love the color!

Bali Hotels said...

Nice Post . . .^_^ ,,, I Like it.

kathy b said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Do you sell them.??? have an etsy store???