Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Simple Jewelry.

I've had a tin full of different charms and "recyclable jewelry parts" in my beading box that have just needed to be hung simply on chain or cording and I finally got around to them this weekend. I bought a bunch of cheap chains at Michael's and hung the charms with jump rings.
These came out of my scrapbook supply stash but I think they work even better as jewelry:

I also found a waxed cord & clasp kit in brown which I loved because I want to make a few pieces like these and these that wont cost me an arm and a leg and I think I can fake it with this kit. Here are a few simple pieces I started out with:


I love the clasps on these because they are SOOOO easy and cheap. You just cut your cord, add a dab of glue(for extra strength), and fold! I think the kit came with 6 and 8 yard pieces of cording, 10 crimps, and 5 clasps for $3. Seriously, cant beat that.

I'm going to be experimenting with something similar to this today so hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a pretty piece to share