Monday, June 03, 2013

Sweet Potato & Ham Biscuits


   As I mentioned before, we had some awesome neighbors while camping in North Carolina. They had great local advice and they also shared an awesome "Carolina Secret" (as they called it) Sweet Potato Biscuits.  I've never had anything like them before but I was an instant fan. They were super dense but still delicate, sweet but salty, and above all: incredibly addictive! Actually, before we even left I was scouring the internet for recipes to try as soon as I got home.




   This last week I had a chance to try some of those recipes  but none of them really came close to the ones we ate in NC(boo!). But, in the mean time, I thought I'd still style and shoot them for the practice. I've learned (quite quickly) I'm going to have to give myself assignments to keep shooting daily. So while these were still delicious and made for decent photo subjects they just were not the same as the real NC thing. So I'm still on the hunt for the perfect recipe and once I find one that comes close I promise I will share it here. 


Happy Monday blog-land! 

No comments: