Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Anna & Rory


   Im happy to share A few more portraits I took while in California: 






   My cousin Anna is the brilliant prop stylist behind the other shoot I did (which I plan to share later this week!)while I was home in July. She turned our lakeside patch of grass into a stunning beach picnic that would rival any summer Pier One ad! It was incredible to work with her again and watch all her creative talents come together through the viewfinder.
   I knew I would  ask her to style the shoot as soon as we scheduled it! I think I realized I was kindered spirits with Anna over a can of paint at 2 a.m. when I was around 11 years old. It was only one of many crafty projects we called "pulling a Martha"  over the years. Sewing curtains, reupholstering furniture, planning garden partites, painting, painting, and more painting... we did it all. And generally we had our creative "ah-ha" moments after midnight! She might also be the only other person who loves all things Martha Stewart as much as I do. 
   For the above mini sesh of her and her husband Rory we headed down to the park the night before I left and quickly snapped a handful of pictures. I knew it wouldn't take much because nothing is easier to photograph than a couple in love and I think the proof is in the pictures. Love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Rory's smile in all these pictures!